Sunday, May 23, 2010

Drumming and praying through songs of lifes lessons

As I sit at my drum set, Ill start to mess around, and than slow it down. And than I begin to sing out... no prewritten songs, nothing, just whats on my heart. And as I prayed to God through song, I began to think on things. Why did God say no?

Im learning that God says no to some very good things. Things that are a blessing, people even. And that hurts. But though He shuts the door, He does not leave us to wallow in the pain. He reminds us of how great His love is. And He continues to bless me with this person... even though its not going to go as I wanted it to. He gently keeps me reminded that He knows a whole lot more than Ill ever know. And that He loves us, and has a perfect plan. That even though it hurts, He's working in a positive way. And that is indeed a blessing and a half! When God shuts a door that I would LOVE to have open, He gives me a drum set to get my focus off the problem and what could be. Not just for me, but for the other person too. God has got big big big plans and I still get to see them unfold :-)

Ill stay with my "God of this city theme," and say again, "there is no one like our God!"

1 comment:

jen said...

Once I started looking at my life with God as an adventure and that He is truly in control, i could let go of certain dreams and embrace the life HE chose for me instead of the one I had made up in my mind.