Monday, February 2, 2009

Today was a rough beginning. I woke up tired and with a soar throat. I get up and get ready for work, and go out to the car. It wasn't to cold so that was definitely a praise! I was low on gas, definitely did not have enough to get to work, but there's a gas station on the way that I had planned to go to. And sure enough I made it, pulled up to pump two, swiped my card, and got denied. Frustrated, and realizing that I'm going to be late for work, I go into the store hoping it was just a fluke. Swiped it at the cash register, and I was still denied. Saturday morning, I had tried to pay a credit card bill, so I set it up to make the payment. But my computers old and acts up, and thats excactly what it did. So I refreshed the page, and went to see if it posted the payment. It did not, the site said if posted Saturday before three it will show up the same day. It didnt (I checked later Saturday and Sunday to). So I figured, oh well, Im not gonna mess with it, Ill make the payment next week. I need gas and stuff anyways. It wasnt posted Sunday, and it decided to post Monday. It took the money from my bank account, but hadnt added it to my card yet. Because I thought that it fluked, I thought I had enough to buy my friend a birthday present. So I did, and now Im overdrafted again! I honestly started to cry, all I could hear is my dad yelling, and the feeling that Im a failure. But I listened to Michael W. Smith's old cd. And its so encouraging. I love the song "Ill lead you home." God will provide, He always does.

I got to remember to stay focused, God is my Father, He is my King, and if I try to seek Him first with all that I have, all that I am, than I am not a failure. I may be poor :-P but He will meet my needs. I do need to be more careful. It just seems like no matter how hard I try, something happens and blind sides me, bringing me back into the whole. Oh well, Ill get back up and try again until I get it right.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Im soo sorry to hear you had such a bad day right from the start. I try to rememeber that.. sometimes when things go wrong or hold you up, causing your schedule to be out of wack... it's God protecting you from something that was to happen up ahead! We dont always understand .. but God knows.

Hope you feel better.