Monday, November 24, 2008

poem

All around is a luscious green.
You gaze upon a brick walkway,
lined with cherry blossom trees.
You look out and see the weeping willow,
blissfully blowing in the wind.

A little one story house,
made of beautiful pine,
surrounded by a variety of horses.
Your Clydesdale, the gentle giant,
the hard worker, God's wonder.

Your American Quarter Horse;
May be a bit smaller,
but hes slow to anger,
and I love him so much.
God's tool of peace in hard times.

Your gorgeous Hanoverian Horse.
Hes our entertainer,
playful as can be.
He runs and leaps for freedom,
and we round him up again.

You watch the sun set,
as they all stand tall.
You gaze upon your Fathers masterpiece,
this, this is a wonderful dream.
What an awesome opportunity.


Notes:

I would love to live on a little ranch house. Horses are definitely one of Gods many many wonders. They have a way of bringing peace and joy as you soar on their back. I haven't been able to in a long while. But I still remember my horse Mexico! When I ended it with such opportunity, I'm talking about the amazing ministry that this setting could have. Maybe some day this can be my way of life. Maybe not, either way God is good!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Not that this has anything to do with the poem, I just chose to leave it with your last post. I truly enjoyed your devotional last night at Bible Study. When I said, that was exactly what I needed.. I mean.. it was exactly what I NEEDED. "BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE."

You definitely know how to study God's word and present it well. Thank you so much for presenting a message that I needed so much. I've thought about it so much since then.

ANYWAYS, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!